Tofu Tortilla Casserole
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 12 ounces firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges
- 4 1/2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 10 black olives, sliced
- Sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat oil. Stir in onion
and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cottage cheese and tofu and
cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder, cumin
and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer
for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole with
nonstick cooking spray.
- Layering: Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of casserole. Layer with half the tortillas,
then sauce, Cheddar cheese and green onions. Repeat the layers;
top with olives.
- Bake until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Calories: 362 (26% from protein, 37% from carbohydrate, 37%
from fat) Protein: 23.8 grams (4 grams soy protein) Total fat: 15.4
grams Saturated fat: 5.8 grams Cholesterol: 26 mg Sodium: 1,195
mg Carbohydrate: 33.8 grams Dietary fiber: 5.5 grams
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 starch, 2 1/2 meat, 2 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes