Gobhi ki Biriyani
(Rice with Cauliflower)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 tablespoons Ghee (clarified butter or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida powder (Hing powder)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 1/4 cups cauliflower florets and/or broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan and sauté cumin and asafoetida for 2 minutes.
- Add bay leaves and cardamom; stir well.
- Toss in cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in turmeric and seasoning and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add rice and yogurt; stir carefully, lower heat, cover pan and cook another 10
to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve hot.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Indian Recipes