Finnish Summer Vegetable Soup
Serve this with freshly-baked
Finnish Rye Bread and some
cheese for a nice lunch.
- 2 cups water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/4 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Snipped dill weed or parsley
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart
saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour;
stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until
- Garnish each serving with dill weed.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.