Finnish Summer Vegetable Soup
Serve this with freshly-baked Finnish Rye Bread and some cheese for a nice lunch.
- 2 cups water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup cut fresh or frozen green beans
- 1/4 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 2 ounces fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Snipped dill weed or parsley
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart
saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour;
stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until hot.
- Garnish each serving with dill weed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.