Mandarin Peach Sauce
Serve Mandarin Peach Sauce with Asian dishes, or as a basting sauce for grilling
pork. These are great served with
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place peaches in blender container. Cover and process on high speed until smooth;
pour into small saucepan.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and cornstarch; stir into peaches with sugar fennel, pepper
and cloves. Bring to boil over medium heat. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 2
minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in garlic powder.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
1 cup sauce; 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Nutritional values done for 1/4 cup serving: Calories: 100 calories Protein:
1 grams Fat: 0 grams Sodium: 470 milligrams Cholesterol: 0 milligrams Saturated
Fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe used with permission from
the National Pork Board.