Chicken Taco Rice
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups original Minute Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced black olives
- Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven and cook chicken until lightly
browned. Add broth, tomato sauce and seasoning mix. bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add corn and green pepper, bring to a boil again. Stir in rice. Cover, remove from heat and let stand
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with olives and serve with sour cream.
Serves 4 to 6.