Air Fryer Recipes
Miso Caramel Chicken Wings
Looking for a bold and exciting new wing recipe? Make our miso caramel chicken wings recipe with sweet and salty miso caramel-teriyaki sauce tossed with crispy air fried chicken wings!
Prep: 20 min | Total: 40 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 16 chicken wing drumettes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 3 tablespoons P.F. Chang's® Home Menu Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Sprinkle cornstarch, salt and pepper over wings and toss until well coated.
- Heat air fryer to 350 degrees F and place wings in a single layer in air fryer basket, working in batches if needed. Cook wings until juices run clear and they are just starting to brown, 10 to 14 minutes, shaking the basket once during cooking.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees F. Turn wings so the skin side is facing up. Continue air frying wings, in batches if needed, until they are crispy and golden brown, 8 to 12 minutes.
- While wings are frying, pour sugar and water into a small, heavy-bottom saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil until sugar is caramelized and a deep amber color. Do not stir the caramelized sugar.
- As soon as sugar is caramelized, remove from heat and add butter. Swirl the pan lightly to melt the butter. Whisk in miso, teriyaki sauce, and red pepper flakes. Heat pan over low heat and continue whisking until sugar and miso are smooth. Keep sauce warm until wings are ready.
- Remove wings from air fryer to a large bowl and pour sauce over; toss to coat. Garnish your miso caramel chicken wings with green onion, if desired, and serve!
Calcium 28mg 3%, Carbohydrate 34g 11%, Cholesterol 146mg 49%, Total Fat 24g 37%, Iron 1mg 7%, Calories 455 kcal 23%, Sodium 1097mg 46%, Protein 25g 50%, Saturated Fat 7g 37%, Sugars 30g 3%, Vitamin C 1%
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.