Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- Wooden picks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut raw bacon in half and place on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil in single layer. Bake for 3 minutes, flip and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap each piece of bacon around a pineapple chunk. Secure with wooden pick and place back on the baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Place in oven.
- Combine honey, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, ketchup, pineapple juice and sriracha in small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes; stirring several times.
- Using brush baste with sauce after they have cooked for 20 minutes.
- Bake for an 10 additional minutes or until bacon is crispy and the pineapple is heated through.
- Serve immediately with remaining sauce.
Photo credit: debbietingzon on Visualhunt / CC BY