- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 15 to 20 large fresh jalapenos, stemmed and cut in half (scoop out some of the seeds, leaving some for heat)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups flour
- Oil for frying
- Dipping Sauce: Mash avocado, and mix with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate
until serving time.
- Jalapenos: Beat eggs well and add milk. Put peppers into mixture, mixing
to coat. Let stand in mixture about five minutes, then remove.
- Put salt, paper Old Bay Seasoning and flour in paper sack or 1-quart zip-type
bag. Shake to mix thoroughly. Drop the coated peppers, a few at a time, into the
flour and close bag and shake to coat. Lay peppers inside-down on cookie sheet to
dry for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry pepper slices in hot oil until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Put Dipping Sauce into a small deep bowl and place on plate.
- Arrange the fried jalapeno slices, petal fashion around the dipping sauce bowl.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.