- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 15 to 20 large fresh jalapenos, stemmed and cut in half (scoop out some of the seeds, leaving some for heat)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups flour
- Oil for frying
- Dipping Sauce: Mash avocado, and mix with remaining ingredients. Refrigerate
until serving time.
- Jalapenos: Beat eggs well and add milk. Put peppers into mixture, mixing
to coat. Let stand in mixture about five minutes, then remove.
- Put salt, paper Old Bay Seasoning and flour in paper sack or 1-quart zip-type
bag. Shake to mix thoroughly. Drop the coated peppers, a few at a time, into the
flour and close bag and shake to coat. Lay peppers inside-down on cookie sheet to
dry for 15 minutes.
- Deep fry pepper slices in hot oil until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Put Dipping Sauce into a small deep bowl and place on plate.
- Arrange the fried jalapeno slices, petal fashion around the dipping sauce bowl.