Chicken Nachos with Honey,
Zucchini and Jalapeño Salsa
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups zucchini , cubed
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 regular-size bag tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mix one tablespoon of honey, the lemon juice, one teaspoon of
olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place the mixture into a resalable freezer
bag and add the chicken breasts. Seal the bag tightly and gently shake it to cover
the chicken breasts. Let marinate for 2 hours.
- Boil the chicken breasts in a saucepan. Once cooked, wait for them to cool. Finely
chop the garlic, red onion and jalapeño peppers. Cut the zucchini into small cubes.
Place all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl and mix them with 5 teaspoons of
olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Spread vegetables onto a baking dish and bake them for 20 - 25 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and
place them in a large bowl. Finely chop the cilantro and mix it into the bowl with
the chicken. Once the zucchini cubes have lightly browned, remove vegetables from
oven and wait for them to cool.
- When cool, add them into the bowl with the chicken cubes and the cilantro, and
mix them with 2 tablespoons of honey, the juice of 4 lemons, 6 teaspoons of olive
oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
- Serve over tortilla chips.
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Honey Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.