Grilled Cheese Marinara
- 8 ounces Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups crushed Harvest Bakery® Cornbread Crackers
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Commercial marinara sauce
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Place a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil
on the grill rack.
- Cut cheese lengthwise into 1/3 - 1/2 inch-thick slices.
- Combine cracker crumbs, Italian Seasoning, and pepper in a shallow dish. Working
with one piece of cheese at a time, dip cheese slices in beaten egg, coating completely.
Coat with crumb mixture; place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place coated
cheese strips on foil-lined grill; cover and grill 2 - 3 minutes on each side or
until cheese melts.
- Lift cheese slices with spatula and transfer to serving plates; serve with whole
crackers and marinara sauce.
Servings: 8 to 10 slices | Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 6 min
To pan-fry, brush the bottom of a heavy skillet with olive oil; place over
medium-high heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium; add cheese slices. Cook 2 - 3
minutes on each side or until cheese melts.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): American Dairy Association