Ham Balls with Hawaiian Punch Sauce
- 1/2 pound ham, ground
- 3/4 pound pork, ground
- 2/3 cup quick oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2/3 cup Hawa2an Punch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- Ham Balls: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and shape into 1-inch balls. Place on greased cookie
sheet and bake about 20 minutes, or until browned.
- Sauce: In saucepan, combine brown sugar, flour and mustard, mixing well.
Add punch and vinegar and mix well. Add cloves and corn syrup. Over medium heat
cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes clear.
- In chafing dish or crock pot, place ham balls and pour sauce over.
- Serve with wooden picks.
The ham recipe can be shaped into a loaf and served as a main course with
the sauce placed over the loaf about 15 minutes before it has finished cooking (1
hour at 350 degrees F) with extra sauce on the side.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes