Ham and Asparagus Squares
Pillsbury® Crescents or dough sheet makes the tender, flaky crust
for a stunning Ham and Asparagus Squares appetizer.
- 1/2 pound fresh thin asparagus spears
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Prosciutto is very thinly sliced. When you open the package, separate the
paper-thin slices carefully. Running a table knife between layers helps separate
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1/2 inch water to boiling. Add asparagus; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Plunge asparagus into bowl of ice water to cool; drain on paper towels.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 11 x 8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. With fork, prick crust generously. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough on ungreased cookie sheet; press into 11 x 8-inch rectangle. With fork, prick crust generously.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese; top with prosciutto strips. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Arrange cooked asparagus spears in rows over cheese, alternating tips. Brush with oil; sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes longer or until edges of crust are deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. With serrated knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Serve warm.
Prep time: 20 Min | Total time: 40 Min | Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrition Information 1 Serving (1 Appetizer): Calories 70 (Calories from
Fat 40), Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium
110mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 3g
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 High-Fat Meat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.