Horseradish Cheese Puffs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 5 large eggs
- 4 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- Egg Wash: In small bowl, whisk together egg and water; set aside.
- To make puffs: Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter two baking sheets or line
with parchment paper and set aside.
- Puffs: In heavy saucepan, bring water, butter, salt and pepper to boil. Add all flour
at once and stir vigorously with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until mixture is
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Stir in one egg at a time until completely incorporated.
Continue stirring until mixture is smooth and silky. Stir in cheese.
- Using pastry bag with large plain tip or two small spoons dipped in warm water,
form dough into small (1-1/4 inch) mounds, about 1-1/2 inches apart, on prepared
baking sheets. Brush tops lightly with reserved egg wash.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
Yield: about 3 dozen
Puffs can be made in advance and stored overnight at room temperature in airtight
container; reheat at 350 degrees F before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jeffrey Weiss.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Cabot Creamery
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Hot Savory Appetizer Recipes