Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Set stems aside. Cook mushroom caps in butter
in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place mushroom caps on rack of a broiler pan, stem side up. Set aside. Combine
sausage and garlic in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until sausage browns, stirring until it crumbles; drain well.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add mushroom stems, sausage mixture
and pepper. Process 20 seconds or until mixture is minced. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.