Make these Tamale Bites meatballs ahead of time; chill and then bake as needed.
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 (10 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine corn bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, and the salt. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until well done.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat together tomato sauce and the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Place cooked meatballs in chafing dish; pour sauce over and top with shredded cheese. Keep warm over low heat.
- Serve with wooden picks.