Yield: 24 appetizers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 large mango, peeled, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté onion and red pepper until almost softened, 2 minutes.
- Lay out 3 tortillas. Sprinkle tortillas with onion, pepper and half the cheese. Arrange sliced mango on top. Cover with remaining cheese and top with remaining tortillas. Cook tortillas over medium heat, one at a time, turning carefully, browning both sides until cheese is melted.
- Keep quesadillas in warm oven on a foil-lined baking sheet until ready to serve.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.