Almond-Chicken Tea Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 slices bread, your choice
- Combine the spread ingredients.
- Combine the filling ingredients.
- Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of the butter mixture.
- Add the filling to half the bread slices and top with the other half, buttered sides
- Remove the crusts and cut the sandwiches as desired.
Yield: 40 tea sandwiches