Celebrate Father’s Day with great grilled fare
This year, recognize dad with the gift he’s really looking forward to receiving — a feast fit for a steak-loving king shared with family and friends.
Fire up the grill and serve up robust, savory cuts, such as Omaha Steaks T-bone or Rib Crown selections for your Father’s Day celebrations. The T-bone is a thick cut to give you more bone-in strip and butter-tender Filet Mignon for even the heartiest of appetites, while the Rib Crown is carved from the most prized part of the Ribeye and is known for exceptional marbling, flavor and tenderness. Both cuts are grain-fed, aged to perfection and flash-frozen to capture freshness and flavor. Omaha Steaks make the perfect gift, so you can confidently ship them directly to your favorite fellow or grill them up for him at home.
Using the proper grilling technique
For exceptional steaks every time, incorporate these tips from Omaha Steaks Executive Chef Karl Marsh.
1. Clean and heat your grill on high.
2. Blot dry any moisture using a clean paper towel, and then lightly oil the steak before you put it on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
3. Season your food before grilling, preferably with Omaha Steaks seasonings.
4. Sear the outside of steaks when grilling. This really helps with the flavor and juiciness.
5. Use tongs or a spatula to turn your meat on the grill. Using a fork can damage and dry out the meat.
6. Cover your grill as much as possible during the grilling process. This helps to lock in the grilled flavor and will help prevent flare-ups.
7. Keep a spray bottle with water handy to douse any unexpected flare-ups.
8. Use the 60/40 grilling method. Grill for 60 percent of the time on the first side, then grill 40 percent of the time after you turn over the food. This will give you an evenly cooked product.
9. Place your cooked product on a clean plate. Never place cooked product on the plate you used to transport the raw product to the grill without thoroughly washing it first.
10. Allow your steaks to “rest” for 5 minutes between cooking and eating. This will help retain moisture when you cut into them.
Make it a memorable day
This Father’s Day, give your dad a gift that ignites his love of grilling. The T-bone and Rib Crown cuts from Omaha Steaks offer up big, meaty portions every guy would be happy to receive. While you’re honoring your dad, be sure to visit www.RemarkableDads.com for quotes, stories and other Father’s Day inspiration.
T-Bone Steaks with Dad’s Steak Rub
Dad’s Steak Rub
Roasted Root Vegetables
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For more steak recipes for your Father’s Day celebration, visit www.omahasteaks.com.