- 1 large fresh coconut*
- 1 1/2 ounces light tequila
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark Jamaican rum
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- 3 1/2 ounces coconut water
1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 6 ounces crushed ice
- 151-proof rum
- 1 pineapple
slice, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 2 lime wedges, for garnish
- With an ice pick, poke out two eyes of the coconut shell and drain out the
coconut water (yes, this is correct - it is not coconut milk). Cut off the top
of the coconut as you would cut off the top of a pumpkin for carving.
- In a blender put tequila, light rum, dark rum, Kahlua, fruit juices and
crushed ice. Blend until frothy and pour into the coconut shell. Pour a small
float of 151-proof rum over the top of the drink. Skewer the pieces of fruit
and stick the end of the skewer into the coconut.
- Serve with straws.
* If you prefer, you can serve this in a large compote-type glass which has been
chilled before serving.