- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pints heavy cream
- 8 ounces Frangelico Liqueur
- 3 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- Combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the sugar in mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until light and the color of lemon. The mixture will thicken.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine egg whites and salt and whip to a soft peak. (Egg whites whip best at room temperature.) When a soft peak is reached, slowly add the remaining sugar (3/4 cup) a tablespoon at a time.
- In a third mixing bowl, whip heavy cream to a soft peak.
- Add Frangelico to whipped egg yolk and sugar mixture. Blend well.
- Fold in whipped cream. When cream is incorporated, fold in stiff egg whites.
- Pour into glass punch bowl and top with grated semisweet chocolate.
Do not serve in silver.