Warm Bourbon Eggnog
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup blended bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg (optional)
- In a 3 quart saucepan with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Stir in the heavy cream and milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and a candy thermometer registers 150 degrees F, about 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in the bourbon and vanilla extract.
- Return mixture to heat and cook 2 minutes more.
- Divide the eggnog among glasses and sprinkle each glass with nutmeg, if desired.
Per serving - protein: 6 g; fat: 26 g; carbohydrate: 14 g; fiber: 0; sodium: 77 mg; cholesterol: 223 mg; calories: 365
Source: Country Living magazine - December 1999