Ruby Red Sangria
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 Valencia orange, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 lemon, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 bottles (750 ml each) California Burgundy wine, preferably Taylor Hearty Burgundy
- Divide the diced orange, apple, lemon and the sugar between 2 pitchers.
- Add the wine, dividing it evenly between the two pitchers. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate until well chilled before serving.
Ruby Red Sangria will keep in the refrigerator for several days. You may want to transfer it to bottles or jars, however. If stored for longer than 24 hours, it should be tightly covered so it stays fresh tasting and does not pick up any refrigerator aromas.
Source: Charanga - San Francisco, California