Early Morning Flatbread
There is no salt in this recipe.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- Combine ingredients in mixer with hook attachment. Mix until the dough crawls
up the hook. You may need to add a little bit more flour during mixing.
- Knead dough on a floured surface, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using your hands and finger tip on a floured surface begin to shape your
dough into a round disk big enough to fit into a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat with just enough vegetable oil to cover the
bottom of the skillet.
- Place dough in the skillet and fry until golden brown on one side and then flip
over. Lower the heat, cover the skillet, and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with butter, your favorite jelly or jam and a hot cup of coffee.