- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon aniseed, crushed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix flour cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and aniseed.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, water, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until blended.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are evenly
- Spoon batter in 14 equal mounds on greased baking sheets, spacing mounds
2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees F until biscuits are firm to the touch and
lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
- Serve warm or cool.