Butter Dipped Biscuit Squares
Yield: 15 biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- All-purpose flour
- In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. With a sharp knife dipped into flour, cut into 3 x 2 inch pieces.
- Pour butter into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Dip one side of each piece into melted butter. Carefully turn to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
* To make your own self-rising flour, for each cup of self-rising flour called for in the recipe, place 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup. Pour into a larger dish and stir to mix well.