Cheesy Cornmeal and Herb Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter , cut into pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Colby, Monterey jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and cornmeal mix. Cut in butter with a pastry
blender, two knives or your fingertips until pieces are about the size of peas.
Stir in cheese, parsley and buttermilk until moistened. Drop by tablespoonsful
onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until light brown.
Makes 12 to 14 biscuits.
Source: White Lily Foods