- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking
soda, and sugar. Cut butter into flour until mixture is crumbly. Stir in 3/4
cup buttermilk until the mixture holds together.
- Roll to 1-inch thickness. Using
a 2-inch round cutter, cut into 8 biscuits. Brush tops with the tablespoon of
- Bake until golden and fluffy, about 12 minutes.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:44:45 pm.