- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1 1/4 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream and stir with a fork until dough gathers into a ball. You may have to add another another tablespoon or so of cream (better too damp than too dry).
- Turn out onto floured surface and pat or roll to about 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits and put on a lightly greased sheet. Gather any remaining scraps, pat together and cut additional biscuits. You may brush with additional cream, if desired.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Transfer to rack to cool or serve hot.
Photo credit: djwtwo on VisualHunt