- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cream of
tartar; mix well. Cut in shortening. Stir in milk and egg until smooth.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board or cloth and knead 4 or 5 times. Roll
out dough and cut into biscuits. Arrange biscuits on a cookie sheet, cover and
freeze. After they are frozen, transfer to and store them in a freezer bag.
- Do not thaw to bake. Bake in preheated 450 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
Makes 12 to 16 biscuits.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/28/2001 5:41 am.
Source: Cheryl Hiatt, Braman, Oklahoma