- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup cold water to make a soft, but firm dough
- 2 tablespoons Canola or another polyunsaturated oil
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Mix the flour and water together as you would for fry bread. After mixing,
add enough flour to knead the dough without making the dough too "dusty."
Put some flour on your fingertips and flatten the dough into thin "biscuits"
about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. Drop them into preheated oil. Fry on each side
for about 2 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Let cool, then top with confectioners' sugar, jam or jelly.