Green Onion Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place flour, garlic, green onions, baking powder, salt and butter in a large
mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, mix just until mixture resembles a coarse
meal. Add buttermilk and mix with a fork just until dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, place on a well-floured surface and roll out 1/2-inch
thick. With a round cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings