- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup jelly
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir quickly with a fork just until mixed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto a greased
baking sheet. Make a deep thumbprint in tops; fill each with 1 teaspoon of jelly.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Yield: 1 dozen