Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- Combine flour and sugar in a mixing bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for confectioners' sugar; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon into greased and floured 1 1/2 inch muffin pans, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from pans; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.