Apple Butter Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients) and make a
well in the center.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).
- Pour wet mixture into the "well" of the dry ingredients and stir just
to combine (10-15 strokes). Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (if you don't use muffin liners, spray the
pan with cooking spray).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin
to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin. (Do NOT
let muffins cool completely in the tin.)
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/23/01 6:49:34 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.