Apple Muffins 2
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled McIntosh apples, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces (2 to 3 medium)
- Additional brown sugar to top muffins
- With rubber spatula, cream butter and sugars by hand until fluffy. Add eggs and
cream; beat until fluffy. Blend in buttermilk.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Mix until all lumps have dissolved;
do not overmix. Add apples. (Batter will be thicker than typical muffin batter.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat muffin cups measuring 3 inches across top and
2 inches across bottom (jumbo size) with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Spoon
batter into muffin cups, filling to top. Top each muffin with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
Makes 12 muffins.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.