This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble
This Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble is incredible! Don’t believe us? You’ll have to check it out yourself!
Salted Honey Crumble
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey (use a mild, light varietal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Salted Honey Crumble: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with
the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, butter, clover honey and vanilla;
beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed just until the mixture comes together
and develops a sandy texture.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes.
- Muffins: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 12 muffin cups and
dust with flour.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream
together sugar, butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well; stir in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries using a rubber
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths
- Sprinkle each top with 1 tablespoon of the salted honey crumble.
- Bake on the center rack of oven until golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins | Prep time: 25 min | Bake time: 35 min
Recipe of Chef David Guas, Owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery in
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board