Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble
This Blueberry Muffins with Salted Honey Crumble is incredible! Don’t believe us? You’ll have to check it out yourself!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey (use a mild, light varietal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- For the salted honey crumble: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with
the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, butter, clover honey and vanilla;
beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed just until the mixture comes together
and develops a sandy texture.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for at least 30 minutes.
- For the muffins: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 12 muffin cups and
dust with flour.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream
together sugar, butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well; stir in milk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in blueberries using a rubber
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about three-fourths
- Sprinkle each top with 1 tablespoon of the salted honey crumble.
- Bake on the center rack of oven until golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins | Prep time: 25 min | Bake time: 35 min
Recipe of Chef David Guas, Owner of Bayou Bakery, Coffee Bar & Eatery in
Recipe and photo credit: National Honey Board