Boston Brown Bread Muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 10 paper bake cups in a muffin pan.
- Stir together flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl stir together buttermilk, oil, molasses and egg until blended.
- Add dry mix to wet mix; mix until just combined. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into pans and bake about 15 minutes or until done.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.