This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Boston Brown Bread Muffins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 10 paper bake cups in a muffin pan.
- Stir together flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl stir together buttermilk, oil, molasses and egg until blended.
- Add dry mix to wet mix; mix until just combined. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon into pans and bake about 15 minutes or until done.