Bread Pudding Muffins
These muffins were designed for the In Balance breakfast menus on Holland America's
new cruise ship, Zuiderdam.
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup dark raisins, dried cherries, apricots, cranberries, peaches, pears or figs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a standard-size muffin tin or 12 custard cups
with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients, except the bread and fruit, in a large bowl and mix
well. Stir in the bread and fruit, and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Mound the mixture into each of the 12 sprayed muffin tins or custard cups.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm and nicely browned.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins.
Source: Jeanne Jones
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.