- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup raisins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix together in a large saucepan, sugar, cinnamon, salt nutmeg, allspice and
- Add 2 cups of the water and raisins. Bring mixture to a slow boil over low
heat. Remove from heat and let stand overnight. (In the morning, it will look like
- The second day, mix together flours, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add oil, remaining 1/2 cup water and honey. Combine this mixture and mix well.
- Grease muffin tins with shortening and dust with flour.
- Fill cups no more than 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until muffins test done, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from pans while still hot; place on cooling rack.
- Dip tops in powdered sugar and a thin glaze. Let cool.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen muffins.
Don't be too concerned about over-mixing as with regular muffins.
These are more like a cake. It takes time to stir the two mixtures together to get
out the lumps.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Muffin Recipes