Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Buttermilk Brown Sugar and Bacon Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, + more for dusting (if desired)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 slices cooked, crisp bacon, crumbled
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and bacon until evenly mixed.
- Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of small peas.
- Add buttermilk and stir until the dough is uniformly moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, bring the dough together and roll to approximately 3/4 inch thickness. Fold, envelope style, and roll again. If necessary, fold and roll again until the dough is smooth and uniform.
- Cut biscuits and bake for 11 to 15 minutes until tops are golden.
- If desired, brush tops with butter and sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
Photo credit: Eat With Your Eyez
/ CC BY