Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Apple juice
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup Karo syrup (dark)
- 3/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuits
- Melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and Karo syrup.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over syrup mixture.
- Peel, core, slice and chop apples. Sprinkle over nut-syrup mixture.
- Dip each biscuit into apple juice then coat with cinnamon/sugar. Place on top of apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Not sure what size baking dish to use. I make half the recipe and it fits in a dish that is about 5 1/2 x 8 so you might get the whole recipe in a 9 inch square pan. Whatever is big enough for two cans of biscuits.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 9/22/2001 5:29 pm.