Chocolate Coconut Pecan Coffeecake
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In greased 9 x 2-inch microwave safe dish (preferably glass) combine coconut,
pecans, chocolate pieces, 1/4 cup brown sugar and butter. Mix well.
- In bowl, combine baking mix, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, egg, milk and oil,
mixing until smooth. Pour over coconut mixture in dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes, turning dish 1/4 turn after 2 minutes.
- Cool on counter for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate. If cake does not release from baking dish, return
to oven on serving plate, covered by baking dish and microwave for 1 minute.