Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cinnamon Nut Coffee Cake
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix*
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Into large mixing bowl put cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, flavorings and water. Mix well with electric hand mixer.
- Mix separately in a small bowl sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle a little pecan mixture in bottom of Bundt cake pan.
- Add a layer of cake mixture and then another layer of pecan mixture.
- Continue layering until both mixtures are all used.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.