Cinnamon Toast Coffee Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons melted margarine, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Blend in milk, 2 tablespoons margarine and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Turn into greased oblong pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle remaining 4 tablespoons melted margarine over top.
- Mix remaining 1/2
cup sugar with cinnamon, then sprinkle over cake.
- Bake for 10 minutes longer.
Yields 12 servings.