Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Duncan Hines Coffee Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix*
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Nuts or chocolate chips (optional)
- Cake: Blend cake mix and pudding.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat all together for 10 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Topping: Mix ingredients together.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased angel food pan.
- Sprinkle half of the topping on the batter; cut in and add remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining topping on cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 16.5 ounce and 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss in a 16 ounce box, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe. To compensate for the volume loss in a 15.25 ounce box, add 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.