Easy Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
A piece of cake to make, but it doesn’t look it! Turn a can of cinnamon rolls
into a festive brunch item or gift from the kitchen.
- 1 (12.4 ounce) can Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 cup cherry pie filling (from 21-ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds*
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each into 4 pieces; place rounded side
down in pan.
- Spoon pie filling over dough.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 3 minutes.
- Place wire rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan.
Place heatproof plate upside down over coffee cake; turn over.
- Remove cover from icing; microwave on High 3 to 7 seconds.
- Stir icing; drizzle desired amount over warm coffee cake.
- Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Prep time 10 min | Servings 6
* Sliced almonds can be substituted for the slivered almonds.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 250 (Calories from
Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 2 1/2g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium
450mg; Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 0.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/©2011 General Mills