Fresh Apple Coffee Cake
Fresh apples make this coffee cake moist and tender. Serve warm or cooled with
a dusting of powdered sugar. Use golden or red delicious apples.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups cored, peeled and diced sweet apple
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together; set aside.
- Place apple in a medium-size bowl.
- Break egg over apples.
- Add oil, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and nuts; blend thoroughly.
- Stir dry mixture into apple mixture just until
flour is moist. (The mixture will seem dry.)
- Spread in a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Turn out onto plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/9/01 5:50:11 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Coffee Cake Recipes