Orange Nut Coffeecake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds or nuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cake: Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix together milk, egg, oil and orange juice. Add mixture to dry ingredients.
Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish or 2 (8- or 9-inch) cake pans.
- Topping: Sprinkle topping over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- After cake has cooled, prepare glaze.
- Glaze: Drizzle glaze over coffeecake and serve warm.