Peachy Pecan Cinnamon Roll
Bake with Country Cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups packed 1-inch-cubed high quality day-old cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 pound large-diced, peeled fresh peaches or frozen and thawed large-diced peaches (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Country Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Topping: In bowl, whisk together sugar, egg yolks, whole eggs, half and half
- Add cut-up cinnamon rolls and gently fold in. Let stand for at least 30
- Peach Mixture: In heavy medium saucepan, heat apple juice, peaches and sugar
over medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. When juice comes to a simmer, vigorously
whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook about 1 minute until very thick.
- Place warm filling in buttered 11 x 13-inch glass baking pan.
- Carefully top peach mixture with
soaked bread mixture, placing over peach layer so as not to leak down.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until puffy and knife inserted in center comes
out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Country Cream: In large chilled bowl whip cream with brown sugar until half whipped.
- Add sour cream and continue whipping until just billowy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve Cinnamon Roll Bake warm with Country Cream, or cool to room temperature,
then cover and refrigerate for later serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 825 calories; 43 g fat (18 g saturated fat; 47 percent calories
from fat); 102 g carbohydrates; 251 mg cholesterol; 309 mg sodium; 12 g protein;
4 g fiber