Birthday Cake Donuts
Cakey confetti Birthday Cake Donuts made with sour cream, topped with a light milky glaze.
- Before spooning donut batter into food storage bag, stir in 1/2 cup sprinkles or mini chocolate morsels to customize these birthday cake donuts.
- If you don’t have 3 donut pans, bake 1 batch of donuts, remove from pan, wash pans and spray with more baking spray before baking more donuts.
- For a marbled glaze appearance, add 2 to 3 very small drops of food coloring to white glaze and mix briefly, just enough to make a few streaks of color. Then use a spoon to ladle glaze over the donuts and decorate as desired.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring, if desired
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray three 6-count donut pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk together cake mix, sour cream, melted butter and egg in a large bowl until well blended. Spoon mixture into a resealable food storage bag and cut off a corner.
- Pipe into donut pan, filling no more than halfway up the sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool completely on a wire rack, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, 2 tablespoons of milk, and a few drops food coloring, if using. Add more milk to thin, if needed.
- Once donuts are cooled, spoon glaze evenly over the top of each donut. Immediately decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Let frosting set before serving, about 5 minutes.
Yield: 18 servings | Prep: 30 min | Total: 1 hr
Nutrition Information: 83 calories, 10g Carbs